- 4 large red capsicums
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g Coles 5 Star Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white long-grain rice
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Salt flakes, to season
Preheat oven 180C/160C fan-forced. Slice tops from each capsicum. Reserve tops. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Discard. Stand capsicums in a baking paper-lined roasting pan (see note).
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non- stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add herbs, tomato, rice and 1/2 cup cold water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
Divide mince mixture evenly between capsicums. Place 1 reserved top on each stuffed capsicum. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 45 minutes or until capsicums have softened and skins start to darken.
Serve capsicums with salad leaves.