- 130g caster sugar
- 3 lemons, rind grated, juiced
- 300ml tonic water
- 4 sheets (15g) leaf gelatine*
- 80ml (1/3 cup) gin
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 orange, zested, segmented
- 2 limes, zested, segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
Place sugar, lemon rind and tonic water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze dry, then add to the liquid. Stir in the gin, allow the liquid to cool before straining into the moulds. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- To make the macerated fruits, place the sugar, 125ml (1/2 cup) of water and the orange and lime zest in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved, increase the heat to high and boil until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Once cool, add the fruit segments and refrigerate for 30 minutes to macerate and chill.
- Place base of each mould briefly in warm water and turn out onto serving plates. Serve with the macerated fruits.