NZ Jumbo Round Golden Kiwifruit
NZ Large Navel Oranges
NZ Yummy Ambrosia Apples
Californian Red & Green Seedless Grapes
NZ Large Round Eggplant
NZ Cherry Tomatoes
NZ Large Capsicums (Any Colour)
2 Litre Cow & Gate Milk
Health Benefits of Blueberries
What makes blueberries so popular? Is it because of their great taste? There are powerful anti-oxidants packed in them that can save you from cancer and many other diseases. In fact they are counted among one of those foods that contains the highest amount of anti-oxidants. And yes of course great taste is an added advantage.
Some recent studies suggest that "blueberry is one of the most vital fruit for those who want to maintain their health at the highest leve."
Other essential nutrients found in them are vitamin A, vitaminB-complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, selenium and fiber. A cup of blueberries provide you with 84 calories.
Some of their health benefits are:
- Boost Your Immune System The combined power of vitamin C and anthocyanin provides your body with the power to fight against bacterial and viral infections, by boosting your immune system.
- Improve Vision There are some nutrients found in blueberries that have a positive effect on the vision. The high contents of vitamin A maintain and enhance our eyesight.
- Lower Cholesterol Blueberries have the natural ability to lower the cholesterol levels. Blueberries contain some compounds that are more effective than prescription drugs for lowering bad cholesterol. Good news is that unlike prescription drugs, blueberries do not have any side effects.
- Improve Heart Health The fiber contents and powerful antioxidants found in blueberries work as a natural food supplement for the heart and protect it from many diseases. As mentioned earlier it lowers bad cholesterol which ultimately results in improved heart health.
- Support Digestion The high contents of dietary fibers found in blueberries effectively cure chronic constipation. 1 cup fulfils 14% of your daily fiber requiement. On the other hand nutrients like fructose, sodium, copper and vitamins improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Reduce Belly Fat Good news for people who are trying to get rid of belly fat, researches conducted at the Michigan University reveal that a regular intake of blueberries in daily diet may result in belly fat reduction. A regular consumption for 3 months can bring fruitful results.
- Reduce Aging Process For those who want to stay young for long time, increase your intake of blueberries. Studies reveal that the anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants present in blueberries, built a protective layer around the brain that saves it from deterioration and enables it to fight the signs of aging.
- Anti-depressant Don't use drug to fix your bad mood and depression. Blueberries contain some compounds that have the ability to put you in a good mood and cure depression, without any medications and side effects.