Beetroot and orange soup
- 850g can baby beetroot, drained, chopped
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cocktail potatoes, cooked, halved
- 1/3 cup créme fraîche
- chopped fresh dill, to serve
- In a large saucepan, combine beetroot, orange juice and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes until hot. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand blender (or food processor), process until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and sugar. Season to taste. Add more sugar or lemon juice, to taste, if necessary.
- Serve topped with baby potatoes, créme fraîche and dill.
- Use light sour cream in place of créme fraîche, if preferred.
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10-15 minutes before cooking soup, and keep warm.